Selecting metal roofing contractors to do the installation is a critical job. The BBB and other reviewing websites receive hundreds and thousands of complaints concerning contractors every year. Unluckily, most states have some or no rules about roofing contractors, not they have special building code requisitions related to roofing. This creates an alert for the buyers to beware of the situation when they are planning to go for re-roofing or new roofing. Even with proper due diligence, you can run the risk of a contractor who doesn’t watch the installation practices in the manner they should.
The industry is flooded with unprofessional and inexperienced roofing contractors; hence, choosing someone reliable and trained is very important. When assessing roofing contractors, you should first and foremost know all about your roofing needs. Once you are clear on that, you can explain what you are looking forward to and resolve all your queries to the installer.
Below here are some general questions that you should ask a potential contractor. Do not think like you are asking too many questions and hesitate. It is your right to ask as many questions as you want.. If you talk to a professional, they will be happy to answer your questions. If a contractor gets annoyed by your questions or backs away from them, they are not the right person to consider.
- For what tenure have you been in this field? What is your experience in this business?
- Who owns the business, and what is their qualification?
- What are the previous jobs done by you?
- Do you have samples related to it?
- Who will be installing the roof? Do you have subcontractors or employees to do it?
- Are you currently working on any project? Can I pay a visit to that place and see how the work is going?
- Can I speak to your past clients to know their experience?
- How long would you take for the installation?
- Do you have licensing and certification? Do you have worker’s compensation and insurance? If yes, show!
- What are the protection norms that you follow for your worker’s safety?
- What steps do you take to ensure the safety of the house’s residents?
- Will you inspect the roof and give a proper quote for it?
- Do you provide warranties for the product and the workmanship?
- Explain the complete installation process.
- Does the old roof need to be repaired or replaced?
- How is the payment handled?
- Do the ventilation and attic need to be assessed? Please check the leaks in the attic along with the moisture levels.
- Lastly, make sure you enquire about the tax credits and rebates accessible to you on the new roofing.
These are some of the questions you should ask metal roofing contractors before hiring one. Shortlist two-three contractors question them and hire the one who answers your questions in the best manner. This way, you will never go wrong with your selection, and your roof installation will be done perfectly.